DIY instructions on how to install an internal KF type box in your SUP or Surf board:
9. Mix slow cure epoxy with glass bubbles and spread this buttery mix inside the hole on all sides. Slide the box in and let the excess epoxy ooze out.
10. With the mast inserted in the KF box set it perpendicular to the board and use masking tape to keep it steady.
11.Wipe of excess epoxy mix and leave to set overnight at about 25 deg C.
12. The next day grind or sand the surrounding surface of the boards bottom to allow a good bond to the bottom of the board with about 4-6 layers of 200gsm glass or carbon fibre.
13. Lay 4 to 6 ever increasing in size layers of 200gsm glass or carbon with epoxy.
14. Once the epoxy is set hard enough then use a sharp knife to cut along the inside edge of the Kf Box to remove the glass or carbon that is covering the Kf box hole.
15. Fair with epoxy and glass bubbles.
16. Sand and paint when epoxy has set hard.
17. Drill two 9mm holes for the mounting screws from the bottom to the deck.
18. Ensure the KF box is clean then fit the foil mast and tighten screws to check all is good.
19. Time to Fly Now!